1.2.5025 laggy on xubuntu 19.10

Rstudio is laggy / slow to respond on xubuntu 19.10, something which hasn't ever been an issue before on the same machine. Mouse moves slowly, same with cursor, commands pause before processing, but - I think - computing goes at normal speed once it's begun. Possibly it could be the upgrade to 19.10 from 19.04 but all other programs are fine. Logs and diagnostics attached. Please can you change the rules on this board to allow uploading of text files?diagnostics-report.pdf (202.6 KB) rdesktop.pdf (15.2 KB) rsession-simon.pdf (192.9 KB)

Edit: looks like this might be system wide:

We typically don't support the interim releases of Ubuntu, only the long-term support releases. It's unlikely we'll take any action unless it becomes clear this issue will persist into the Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.

The more I researched it the more it seems to be a linux kernel thing and not an RStudio thing.

The sad part about this is that I only noticed it on RStudio due to me only using my home gaming computer for work. BOO!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.