"127.0.0.1 refused to connect" error at startup and frequent non-responsive states

I very recently started using R and downloaded the newest version of R and Rstudio for Windows. Each time I launch RStudio I receive a "127.0.0.1 refused to connect" error and have to refresh several times before the application starts working. On top of that, when I try to open a new project, the project type selection screen takes several minutes to appear and when I select an option RStudio immediately becomes unresponsive.

I've read these two posts:

However, implementing their suggestions haven't resolved the issue so I'm turning to the forums.

Hi,

Welcome to the RStudio community!

I must say the 127.0.0.1 issue happens to me as well from time to time, but not as consistently as in your case and there are hardly ever non-response state. I'm no expert in this, but it seems it's an issue that pops up from time to time for many people, and there's not clear one solution for it.

However, I found this great recent RStudio blog post that might help you out!

Hope this helps,
PJ

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.