I would like to invite you to check out a project I've been working on.
What this is (short answer):
A gallery of example plots using ggplot2
Where to find it:
- Primarily, my goal was to develop a gallery that would be useful to my students
- I hope it may also be of use to others learning or using ggplot2. Especially those who find themselves googling how to implement details
- Myself: it will be good to have a single place to go to see many of the plots I've made. Especially I don't remember the exact theme parameter to achieve a particular goal.
- In progress, but I believe it is presentable and useful at this stage
- To be used to accompany my teaching starting in September 2019
- I intend to add a plot (or two) a week for the rest of 2019
- The writeups are inconsistent across entries imo.
Feedback I am interested in:
- Geometries that I should prioritize adding to the gallery
- Difficulties you have with the gallery as a user interface
- Critiques of the exposition.
- Any other critiques that are offered constructively
What this is (long answer):
- I would like this to eventually be a place that one could reasonably go to find an example of a plot similar to what one is intending and then go to the code. I often find myself googling how to achieve certain things.
- The goal is not to make each plot as spectacular as possible. Also, I have deliberately made an effort to not make every plot the way I would make it for my own presentations.
- This is not a site for teaching ggplot2 from scratch.
-Cheers and thanks for reading