Wondering if anyone may be able to offer assistance.
After having used R and RStudio successfully in my Windows 10 installation for more than one year, now I am unable to save files using RStudio or R in the same file location(s) I have used historically. For me, that is C:\Users\Scott\Documents\R<subfolders containing projects>, and which also includes the win-library folder.
With all other applications I am able to save files in these locations without issue. The Windows permissions appear to be fine.
- I tried running RStudio as Administrator.
- I tried renaming the C:\Users\Scott\AppData\Local\RStudio-Desktop folder.
- I have installed the latest versions of R and RStudio, in that order, and restarted the system.
- The problem seems specific to the R ecosystem at all folder levels below C:\Users\Scott where I am able to save from RStudio.
- Due to the read-only/access denied issue, I am unable to save files, history, open project or update packages.
- An example from the log file is ERROR system error 5 (Access is denied) [path=C:/Users/Scott/Documents/.Rhistory], which I know is basically a Windows error, but again it is only occurring with R-related activities.