Advice on Data Input and Output with Shiny

Hi,

I am very new to R. Understand Shiny could provide an interface for user to input certain attributes, eg dateinput. How could i use such input to say try to save the output to diff subfolders based on the date (month)?

Regards,

Kellett

welcome @Kellett, there are some excellent tutorials on Shiny, did you know? This one, explains how to add an input and how to access the value of the input in your application

3 Likes

For data output, one option is to give users the option to download data from your app (see attached article).

Another option is to save your data to a database or external file system (for example Dropbox, Amazon S3). Because of the way shiny server works, it's not as simple as a write.csv() call. The article Persistent data storage in Shiny apps explores some of your options.

Since you are very new to R, I would strongly encourage you to get a good introduction to R first (we could recommend a few online courses or books if you'd like), and then a good introduction to Shiny (ginberg linked to a new set of lessions, and the shiny team made a nice three hour video series here..)

Thanks so much!!!!!!