paid/ full-time / Brussels-Capital Region, Belgium
Agilytic is looking for a passionate and entrepreneurial Data Scientist to turn data into insights, and insights into high-value business decisions for our clients.
Our company is based in the south-east vicinity of Brussels, but have a flexible office space in Leuven, and we work on assignments anywhere in Belgium and neighbouring countries such as Luxemburg, France, the Netherlands and the UK.
As a Data Scientist, you will play a key role in the end-to-end delivery of our projects, from the requirements’ analysis to the automation of the models. This includes data manipulation, data audit, descriptive analysis run, modelling and presentation of the results.
You will be expected to interact with both IT/data specialists as well as business executives (marketing, process, customer care).
The junior data scientist will be coached by a senior data scientist to acquire the business and technical skills to manage his/her projects quickly.
- Work closely with stakeholders to identify and prioritise business requirements;
- Supervise and coach junior data scientists in the delivery of their projects and on internal tasks;
- Manage data collection, from databases identification to datamart consolidation;
- Interpret data, analyse results using statistical techniques and provide ongoing reports;
- Model data related to specific business objectives, interpret trends and patterns in complex data sets;
- Communicate effectively the results of our analysis and discuss the subsequent action plan with the client.
We are looking for strong candidates with the following academic and professional experiences:
- A Master in Management/Economics, Engineering, Mathematics, Physics, Biology or similar
- Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in a similar position (e.g. Data Analyst, Data Scientist, Business Analyst)
- Knowledge and experience with ETL and statistical packages (SAS, SPSS, R, Python, Spark)
- Technical expertise in data preparation, data models, data mining and segmentation
- Fluency in English + French + Dutch .
- Driving licence : type B (car in Belgium) or similar
- Eligibility to work in Belgium and the European Union (please be aware that we cannot provide with relocation support)
We are also looking for the following attributes
- Desire to be among the first employees of a growing structure, to help us shape our organisation in the future
- Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organise, analyse and interpret large amounts of data to underline the relevant information regarding a specific business objective
- Problem-solving mindset
- Innate care about work quality
- Ability to interact at all levels, from the front-line staff to the executive team, with data experts and non-experts alike
- Curiosity about new techniques and tools, eagerness to always keep learning
We aim at creating a work environment that allows you to do great work, grow your skill set and, most importantly, be happy while doing it.
Competitive Remuneration Package : We offer a competitive remuneration package, complete with a company car, fuel card, phone subscription, laptop, meal vouchers, etc.
There is also a variable remuneration component based on client satisfaction/longevity and your contribution to our business development efforts.
- Training Roadmap : We’ll will draft together a training roadmap, taking into consideration our internal competencies as well as your interests.
- Data For Good : On top of your holidays, we also offer you the possibility to spend a week working your data magic for a cause you care about. These five days will count as normal working days with us, but your week won’t be billed to our non-profit partner. Some conditions apply (e.g. has to be a recognised non-profit based in Belgium), but hopefully, you’ll take this opportunity to tackle other meaningful challenges.
- Supportive Structure And Transparency : What we don’t have in scale (yet), we’ll make it up with flexibility, support and transparency. We will be there for you, every step of the way.
- Modern Tools : Tools are a means to an end. We want them to help you do your best work, not become a bottleneck. That’s why you can expect up-to-date hardware and software tools so that you (hopefully) never have to swear at your computer.
- Oh, And A Little Bit Of Fun Too… : We take our work very seriously, but we’re not afraid to laugh at ourselves. Life is too short.