all the code I have modified during these days has gone

I always save my code and I'm sure I have saved the final code last night but today when I opened my project I saw that all the code I have modified during these days has gone and the available code in my project is an unmodified version from two or three days ago. could somebody tell me what has happened? I sincerely want my code back, please help, the original code was about 300 lines and now about 150 lines of code has gone :neutral_face:

project: Posit Cloud
file: functions.r

I don't think rstudio.cloud removes unsaved files, in which case my guess is that you may have inadvertently saved your file in a different directory or project. Do you have multiple projects you work with?

Hi there,

I am sorry to hear you are having trouble with an RStudio cloud project. There is a known issue where if an R session insides a project, it can cause some data to appear to revert.

We're working on fixing this issue, however, in the meantime, there is an R package which might be able to recover these files for you: https://github.com/jmcphers/rsrecovr

tl;dr:

remotes::install_github("jmcphers/rsrecovr")
rsrecovr::recovr()

to restore all the files in your project.

Please let me know if this works for you. And I apologize for the inconvenience.

-Andy

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.