paid / full-time / San Francisco Bay Area, CAPalo Alto, California
Amazon Advertising is dedicated to driving measurable outcomes for brand advertisers, agencies, authors, and entrepreneurs. Our ad solutions—including sponsored, display, video, and custom ads—leverage Amazon’s innovations and insights to find, attract, and engage intended audiences throughout their daily journeys. With a range of flexible pricing and buying models, including self-service, managed service, and programmatic ad buying, these solutions help businesses build brand awareness, increase product sales, and more.
Amazon Publisher Services (APS) helps publishers of all sizes increase monetization and yield. APS provides exclusive access to Amazon marketing spend and extends our cloud-based platform technology to enable publishers to maximize revenue opportunity across devices and media channels while improving user experience. The end result is an Amazon product that lets publishers focus on what they do best: publishing.
We are looking for a Data Scientist to guide our science initiatives. We work closely with Amazon teams in the Bay Area, Seattle, the UK and Bangalore. If you enjoy solving complex problems and tackling tough challenges, we’d love to hear from you! Joining this team, you’ll experience the benefits of working in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment, while leveraging the resources of Amazon.com (AMZN), one of the world's leading internet companies.
We provide a highly customer-centric, team-oriented environment in our offices located in Palo Alto, California.
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
- 2 years working as a Data Scientist
- Expertise expertise with causal inference, A/B experiments, multi-variate testing, etc.
- Experience with problems that involve manipulating and analyzing large data sets.
- Foundational knowledge of math and statistics.
- Broad expereince with building Machine Learning models.
- Masters Degree or PhD in Science or related quantitative field with a strong data science background.
- Experience in analyzing large-scale data for online recommendation, ads ranking, personalization, or search, etc.
- Experience with Big Data technologies such as AWS, Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive,etc.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.