paid / full-time / Seattle, Washington
Interested in Amazon Alexa? We’re building the speech and language solutions behind Alexa Communications (connecting friends and family) and other Alexa products and services. We’re working hard, having fun, and making history; come join us!
Amazon is seeking a Language Data Researcher to join our Customer Experience Insights team as a thought leader and Spoken Language Understanding expert. This role focuses on expanding analysis and delivering evaluation of speech and interaction data deliverables; identifying the key focus items to improve the customer experience. The Language Data Researcher will become an expert in dialog evaluation processes, work closely with a team of skilled analysts, and be a key member in developing new conventions for relevant workflows. In addition, the Language Data Researcher will be asked to handle unique data analysis requests that support the overall processing of a data collection and analysis team.
The Language Data Researcher must have a passion for data, efficiency, and accuracy. Specifically, the Language Data Researcher will:
- Handle unique data analysis requests from a range of data customers, including quantitative and qualitative analyses to elevate customer experience with speech and GUI interfaces
- Lead and evaluate changing dialog evaluation conventions, test tooling developments, and pilot processes to support expansion to new data areas
- Continuously evaluate workflow tools and processes and offer solutions to ensure they are efficient, high quality, and scalable
- Provide day-to-day expert support for a growing team of data analysts
- Provide key support for on-going and new data collection efforts
· Master’s degree in a related field, such as Linguistics, Cognitive Psychology, Computer-Mediated Communication etc.
· 3+ years experience working with language data and data analysis
· Experience with process design and documentation
· Experience communicating research findings and analysis in both written and spoken channels
· Proficiency in scripting, querying and/or analytics tools: linux, R, SAS, SQL, Python or similar tool
· Practical knowledge of data processing needs and trade-offs
· Comfortable handling a high volume of work on a daily basis
· Comfortable working in a fast paced, highly collaborative, dynamic work environment
· Willingness to support several projects at one time, and to accept re-prioritization as necessary
· Strong attention to detail
· Exceptional level of organization
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us