paid / full-time / Seattle, Washington
Amazon seeks a motivated Data Scientist with strong analytical skills and practical experience to join Amazon Deny Party Screening (DPS) team. Our mission is to prevent denied parties from transacting with Amazon businesses, including AWS, customers, vendors, sellers, subsidiaries etc. We screen events in billion every day.
In this role, you'll own capacity planning to ensure DPS team has the right people, in the right place, at the right time to deliver quality results that meet service levels at the proper workforce for operation team. This Data Scientist role will collaborate directly with engineer team and operation team to build accurate forecasting models, and develop short term/long term capacity plans to communicate results and provide scientific guidance to the business.
A successful candidate will be a problem solver who excels in translating business problems into specific analytics projects, enjoys diving into data, is excited by modeling challenges, and possesses strong communication skills to effectively interact with the business teams.
Duties & responsibilities for this role will include:
· Interface with business customers to define product requirements, provide analytical support, and communicate feedback.
· Implement statistical methods to solve specific business problems utilizing code (Python,Scala).
· Improve existing methodologies by developing new data sources, testing model enhancements, and fine-tuning model parameters.
· Present critical data in a format that is useful to answer questions for business.
· Bachelor's Degree
· 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· 2 years working as a Data Scientist
· 5+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
· Experience with machine learning applications, and applied time series forecasting.
· Experience working with large, disparate data sets.
· Knowledge of machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills for both technical and non-technical audiences
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.