paid / full-time / San Francisco, Bay Area, CA, Sunnyvale, California
External job description
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV, and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Data Scientist to help build industry-leading intelligent Alexa-enabled products that customers love. Our mission is to leverage Data Science, in order to reduce users’ cognitive load, reduce friction in their day-to-day activities and ultimately, inspire our customers by enabling serendipitous discovery of experience. You will be responsible for data-driven improvements to our spoken language understanding models. You will be working with a unique and gifted team of engineers and scientists engaged in a fast-paced mission to conceive and deliver new products.
- Apply Statistical and Machine Learning methods to specific business problems and data
- Ensure data quality throughout all stages of acquisition and processing, including such areas as data sourcing/collection, ground truth generation, normalization, transformation, cross-lingual alignment/mapping, etc.
- Design, develop, evaluate, and release highly innovative models elevate the customer experience and track impact over time
- Collaborate with colleagues from multidisciplinary science, engineering and business backgrounds.
- Work with engineers to develop efficient data querying and modeling infrastructure for both offline and online use cases
- Manage your own process: identify and execute on high impact projects, triage external requests, and make sure you bring projects to conclusion in time for the results to be useful
- Communicate proposals and results in a clear manner backed by data and coupled with actionable conclusions to drive business decisions
- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
- 2 years working as a Data Scientist
- Advanced degree in Math, Statistics, Engineering, Computer Science or related discipline
- Demonstrated ability to frame complex analytical problems and extract insights that led to tangible business results
- High-level knowledge of various machine learning techniques and key parameters that affect their performance
Amazon.com is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
Lab126 is part of the Amazon.com, Inc. group of companies and is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation