Another Black Screen Problem

A few days ago, I had a black screen when I tried to open RStudio. RStudio is a black screen that won't close - #2 by andresrcs

I took the advice given in the above link and made the change. However, I still have a problem,

I was eventually able to get RStudio open and working. I then tried to open an R script by clicking on the file name from a Windows 10 folder. That produced a black screen which I cannot get rid of. Then in RStudio I did File/Open File. I was able to open the file. So then I had a working RStudio screen and a black screen.

I was able to close the working screen but not the black screen. I need to reboot my computer in order to get rid of the black screen.
Now that the black screen is open, I am unable to open RStudio. I will need to reboot my computer in order to use RStudio.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to permanently eliminate black screens?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.