Paid, Full-Time Position / Dayton OH, OR Remote / Full-Time
Applying a Physics based approach to AI/ML using tech like Scikit-lean, SciPy, Pandas, NumPy, TensorFlow, R, tidyverse, ggplot2, dplyr
Apogee is actively seeking an Artificial Intelligence / Machine Learning Engineer to support Apogee's Science and Technology group located at Beavercreek OH.
Why work with us?
Apogee Engineering, LLC is a provider of research, engineering, operations, software, cyber, intel, training, technical services, financial and administrative expertise across an array of DOD and Federal Civilian customers. Our company was founded on the commitment of making a positive difference for our customers and our people. Apogee’s culture is infused with integrity and a passion for excellence, which has propelled us into the ranks of an elite small business company. Apogee is known for an unwavering dedication to our client's success, a warm and employee-centric work environment, and an enthusiasm to provide the right solution at the right time.
What you will be doing:
- Using industry standard best practices to productionize existing basic/functional machine-learning code including:
- adding capable error testing (branch and bound style), error handling, and logging
- documenting and eliminating bugs now and spinning others up to do the same
- creating documentation and training materials for the created code that allows stakeholders to understand how to use it, and to enable customers to integrate it into their toolchains
- Moving scripts into production C-style code for standalone embedded hardware or customer-use libraries
- Standing up and using basic continuous development tools capable of automating the building, build/unit testing, and deployment processes, including version-control, timely error feedback, and healthy bug-tracking for effective ongoing integration and release in the software development process.
- Perform data mining and/or machine learning processing on datasets with some guidance as needed from senior colleagues. Use statistical tools such as R/RStudio/tidyverse and Python/scikit to process, understand, and build communicate visualizations and summaries of key aspects, trends, and patterns derived from various data sets; then present those to key stakeholders and customers
- Work with, and potentially lead, a small team to create and demonstrate capable software solutions to hard problems for our customers.
What you will need:
- B.S. degree in a quantitative or an engineering discipline; AND 5yrs relevant experience, 3 of which in a technical capacity. Candidates with advanced degrees in computer science, mechanical engineering, or physics preferred.
- Must be able to obtain and maintain a Secret Clearance
Strong statistical and mathematical knowledge
Must have 3+ years’ experience, including coursework, using Python and C++ applications to write, test, deploy, and support production-level code using industry standard approaches and toolsets (ci/cd, git, bug tracking, etc.)
Technical competency in analytical tools such as Python (Scikit-lean, SciPy, Pandas, NumPy, TensorFlow) and R (tidyverse, ggplot2, dplyr) as well as other related statistical and machine learning packages applied to heterogeneous data formats (text, database, image, and/or graph)
- Solid understanding of deep learning models for computer vision (e.g., image classification, object detection, segmentation) and Machine Learning / Data Science in general. Tensorflow2.x preferred.
- Analytical mindset, creativity, and fact-based approach
- Publication record preferred (CVPR, ICCV, NIPS, ICML, etc.)
- Consulting and/or client-facing leadership experience 2+ years desired
- Capable business acumen and the ability to leverage technology for business needs.
- Ability to assist in development of innovation projects, planning, basic team management, and presenting well to a technical and non-technical audience
- Apogee offers two medical plans, a high deductible health plan with a HRA and a traditional POS plan with co-pays, dental, vision, 401(k), life insurance, PTO, paid holidays, parental, military, and jury duty paid leaves. Regular part time employees scheduled for twenty-four or more hours per work week are eligible for benefits on a pro-rated basis.
- This position is eligible for a discretionary annual bonus.