paid / full-time / El Segundo, CA
Apollo Insurance Solutions Group seeks a Data Analyst/Programmer for its Woodland Hills, CA office. This is a new position being added to our Quantitative Development team. The Quantitative Development team maintains proprietary mortgage investment risk models used for financial reporting, risk measurement, pricing and strategic business decisions.
- Field transformation
- Data examination
- Run the cracked tape through the system
- Communicate with the traders on the assumptions
- Update tapes once new data available
Maintain and research on the old runs
Ad hoc analysis
Development new applications and maintain the existing ones
Qualifications & Experience
- Minimum Bachelor’s degree, ideally an advanced degree, in a Quantitative background (statistics, machine learning, quantitative finance, financial mathematics, computer science, econometrics, physics, mathematics)
- Experience working with data processing language, Python is preferred
- Experience working with basic tools such as SQL, Excel, etc.
- Strong programming skills preferred
- Knowledge of finance, capital markets
- Detail oriented
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, under pressure and deliver on time
Apollo Global Management, Inc. (NYSE: APO) (together with its consolidated subsidiaries, "Apollo") is one of the world's leading alternative investment managers. Apollo's rigorous, contrarian approach aims to create uncommon opportunities for investors to achieve attractive risk-adjusted results through market cycles. With more than $330 billion of assets under management in credit, private equity, and real assets (December 31, 2019), Apollo takes many paths to value. We seek to have a positive impact on the communities where we live and work, and promote sound environmental, social and governance practices. Learn more at www.apollo.com.