App only works when starting on a sleeping instance

I have launched a pretty large flexdashboard + shiny app on to shinyapps.io and am running into some deal breaking issues.

My app only works when on a sleeping instance. If anyone connects to an instance that is already running, the app does not run and gives this error in the Devtools Console:

"DevTools failed to load SourceMap: Could not load content for https://landonwall.shinyapps.io/horizon_dashboard_final/coloraxis.js.map: HTTP error: status code 503, net::ERR_HTTP_RESPONSE_CODE_FAILURE"

My solution was to force every new user to their own instance. I turned on 5 instances, but as soon as one person starts the app, all 5 instances start running, and as mentioned before, if an instance is running the error happens.

Also, if you refresh the page you get the same error.

So basically my app only works if you're the first person to activate the app. If you are second, you are out of luck.

Any ideas? This is killing me.

My settings are:

Size: XXXL
Max Worker Processes: 1
Max Connections: 5
Worker load factor: 3
Connection timout: 900
Read Timeout: 3600
Startup timeout: 300
Idle timeout: 60

Instance Load Factor: 2
Start Count: 1

I fixed this error.

I had the "runtime: shiny" code underneath "output:" when it needed to be above it, right below the title.

So simple! A user on Reddit helped.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.