Full-Time / Boston
The Alexa Search organization is enabling Alexa to answer any question from content anywhere on the web.
We’re looking for a passionate, talented, and inventive Scientist to help build industry-leading ML technologies that help provide the best-possible experience for our customers. You will leverage Amazon’s heterogeneous data sources and large-scale computing resources to develop new features, predict key user behaviors and deliver automated decisions, both offline and in real time.
- Bachelor or Master's degree in highly quantitative field (CS, machine learning, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent experience.
- 4 years Experience with Python, R, SAS, Matlab or other statistical/machine learning software.
- Experience applying various machine learning techniques, and understanding the key parameters that affect their performance.
- Experience developing experimental and analytic plans for data modeling processes, use of strong baselines, and the ability to accurately determine cause and effect relationships.
- Have a history of building systems that capture and utilize large data sets in order to quantify performance via metrics or KPIs.
- Understanding of relevant statistical measures such as confidence intervals, significance of error measurements, development and evaluation data sets, etc.
Have a history of delivering results, taking analysis to implementation.
- PhD in highly quantitative field (CS, machine learning, mathematics, statistics) or equivalent experience.
- 5+ years of experience with machine learning, statistical modeling, data mining, and analytics techniques.
Previous experience in a ML or data scientist role with a large technology company.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation