applying cross-reference filter in quarto in docx format

how do i enable equation autonumbering in docx format in quarto. i found this old reference to apply a lua filter that should work, just not sure how i would do that in qmd

What did you try ? It seems to be working for me

Doc is here:

And I get this from

---
title: "Equation"
format: docx
---

Black-Scholes (@eq-black-scholes) is a mathematical model that seeks to explain the behavior of financial derivatives, most commonly options:

$$
\frac{\partial \mathrm C}{ \partial \mathrm t } + \frac{1}{2}\sigma^{2} \mathrm S^{2}
\frac{\partial^{2} \mathrm C}{\partial \mathrm C^2}
  + \mathrm r \mathrm S \frac{\partial \mathrm C}{\partial \mathrm S}\ =
  \mathrm r \mathrm C 
$$ {#eq-black-scholes}

---
title: "Untitled"
format: docx
---

## Quarto

Quarto enables you to weave together content and executable code into a finished document. To learn more about Quarto see <https://quarto.org>.

## Running Code

When you click the **Render** button a document will be generated that includes both content and the output of embedded code. You can embed code like this:

```{r}
1 + 1

You can add options to executable code like this

#| echo: false
2 * 2

The echo: false option disables the printing of code (only output is displayed).

(@eq:eqn1)

$$a^2 + b^2 = c^2$$ {#eq:eqn1}

this works:

(@eq-eqn1)

$$a^2 + b^2 = c^2$$ {#eq-eqn1}

this doesnt

(@eq:eqn1)

$$a^2 + b^2 = c^2$$ {#eq:eqn1}

back to the informative warning issue :slight_smile:

1 Like

Glad you found the problem.

yes this type of things will be improved in the future. Possibly with linting awareness in code editor so that this could be catched right away.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.