Community Manager - Appsilon
paid / Remote / full-time
Do you want to join a motivated team of talented and intelligent explorers?
We are looking for a creative and technical-minded communicator to manage our events, social media, and newsletter. You will collaborate with Fortune 500 companies on industry-leading webinars and conferences. You will also work with our Data Storyteller on content for our Blog and help generate case studies with our tech team. The topics we cover are largely centered around R Shiny, Machine Learning, and climate change. Here is an example of the kind of ambitious content that we would like to create.
The ideal candidate will be a native (or near-native) English speaker and have excellent communication/presentation skills. Prior experience in tech journalism, SEO, video editing, content marketing, or social media management is a plus, but not required.
This is an opportunity to join one of the world’s most influential and fastest-growing data science companies. You will be exposed to a wide variety of client projects in different industries and will have the opportunity to develop both your technical skills, presentation skills, and content creation skills. Appsilon is a place to innovate , experiment , and have fun .
While this is not completely necessary, it would be helpful to include an English writing sample, recorded video presentation, or portfolio with your application. The writing sample can be technical documentation, an academic paper, or a blog post, etc. We will also gladly accept examples of video content, viral content, tutorials, websites you’ve written copy for, or social media accounts that you have grown.
You will be responsible for:
- Conferences: You will be responsible for keeping our “Conferences” ClickUp project up to date. You will search for worthwhile conferences related to R and Python, monitor deadlines for abstract submissions, and help our tech team create abstracts and finalize conference presentations.
- Webinars and Events: You will assist with creating and hosting webinars with clients and partners such as RStudio and various Global 2000 companies. You will also help create and promote hackathons, contests, and AI4G initiatives .
- Appsilon’s Blog: You will be responsible for revising and updating legacy articles on Appsilon’s blog along with our Data Storyteller. You will also be responsible for uploading, editing, formatting, and scheduling articles in WordPress as needed.
- Social Sharing Schedule: You will be responsible for maintaining a social sharing calendar on LinkedIn, Twitter, and other social channels.
- Monitoring Social Mentions and Comments: You will monitor social mentions of “Appsilon” and engage where applicable. You will respond to comments and messages on our blog or external articles within 2 business days.
- Case Studies: You will be responsible for creating and finalizing case studies with the help of our tech team.
- Document Proofreading: You will edit and proofread marketing and sales documents as needed.
What’s in it for you:
Technology and data science is in our DNA, but we understand that the best outcomes result from the interdisciplinary collaboration of experts with diverse backgrounds, skills, and mindsets. A career at Appsilon provides you with:
- An opportunity to work with high-profile Fortune 500 clients, including some of the world’s most important companies. Unlike other software consulting companies, who compete in the red ocean of software development, Appsilon offers scarcely available services, sought after by the largest organizations in the world.
- A smart and friendly English-speaking team with an exceptionally positive, non-toxic company culture. Our team members have worked for Google, Microsoft, and many other Fortune 500 companies. Many of us have earned PhDs and MScs from the best academic institutions worldwide.
- Flexible working hours that let you balance a thrilling career with your family and personal life.
- A remote-first work setup that accommodates the need to do deep work with minimal distractions.
- A chance to grow your role with a young and profitable tech company driven by a mission of AI for Good. More at https://appsilon.com/ai-for-good/
- A Personal Development Budget that lets you invest in your skills, mental hygiene, or well-being.
- Employment type: we’re flexible – you can choose between permanent employment and B2B. Part-time work is also possible, though not preferred for the Community Manager role.
- Other benefits: company retreats, private health care, sport/culture card, flat structure.
- Native or near-native English skills (C2 or higher)
- Polish language skills are not required
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- The ability to quickly understand new high-level technical concepts
- Alignment with Appsilon’s values, core purpose, and our Code of Conduct
Nice to Have:
- Basic knowledge of Content Marketing, SEO, and SEM
- Familiarity with WordPress or similar CMS
- An understanding of how to structure content for SEO and content marketing
- Video production or video editing Experience
- Google Data Studio, Google Analytics, and Google Search Console
- Experience with SEMRush and other SEO tools
- WordPress and Mailchimp
- Social Listening tools such as BuzzSumo/Sprinklr
- Social Media Management Experience
- Demonstrated ability to grow a LinkedIn, Facebook, or Twitter account
- Familiarity with R Shiny, Computer Vision, or the capacity to quickly learn new technical skills
Apply to this position