paid / full-time / remote, worldwide
Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in decision support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are a unique company driven by a mission to improve our society and environment. Some examples of our #AI4good work include contributing to animal preservation in Gabon Parks, building COVID-19 dashboards, and improving data science tools for Doctors Without Borders.
We are a global leader in R and Shiny , which are used by companies of all sizes to build analytical applications. When companies run into difficult problems or want to initiate large-scale enterprise projects, they come to Appsilon.
- Create, maintain, and develop R/Shiny applications for enterprise customers all over the world
- Provide scalability, security, and modern UI/UX with custom R packages
- Analyze and visualize data from various industries
- Develop & scale Shiny apps for enterprise customers that are capable of thousands of simultaneous users and can operate on a distributed infrastructure
- Create useful and professional open-source R/Shiny packages and custom internal tooling
- Host workshops and create tutorials with other team members to teach others what we’ve learned
- Work in a team of 2-5 people on one or two projects at a time
- Work in an agile way (Scrum / Scrumban)
What’s in it for you:
Technology and data science is in our DNA, but we understand that the best outcomes result from the interdisciplinary collaboration of experts with diverse backgrounds, skills, and mindsets. A career at Appsilon provides you with:
- 10,000 – 20,000 PLN + VAT (B2B) (~$2720 – $5200)/monthly
- 26 Vacation Days
- Approximately 11 Additional Public Holidays
- 4 Personal Development Days to use for trainings and career development
- Personal Development Budget : +5% on top of your gross salary that allows you to invest in your skills, mental health, or well-being
- The latest M1 MacBook as a blazing fast machine for work
- Employment type: we’re flexible – you can choose between umowa o prace employment (Polish residents only) or B2B. B2B contracts retain many attractive benefits such as vacation days.
- An opportunity to work with high-profile Fortune 500 clients , including some of the world’s most important companies. Unlike other software consulting companies, who compete in the red ocean of software development, Appsilon offers scarcely available services, sought after by the largest organizations in the world.
- Flexible working hours that let you balance a satisfying career with a robust personal life
- A remote-first work setup that accommodates the need to complete deep work with minimal distraction
- A smart and friendly English-speaking team with a great, non-toxic company culture. Our team members have worked for Fortune 500 companies like Google, Microsoft, and Bank of America. Many have earned PhDs and MScs from some of the best academic institutions worldwide.
- A chance to grow your role within a young and profitable tech company driven by a positive mission. More information on our AI For Good Initiative here: AI for Good - Appsilon | End to End Data Science Solutions
- Semi-annual in-person company retreats when it becomes safe travel
- Virtual assistant service via AskHenry.pl (in-person assistant service for Polish Residents)
- Benefits for Polish residents: private health care, sport/culture card, and more
- Continuity of projects
- Career Guideline
- Frequent project changes and learning about a variety of industries
What we expect:
- Experience with R programming and building interactive R/Shiny applications
- Experience in creating data visualizations
- English language B2/C1 level
We are looking for developers at different levels of specialization!
You’re Shiny Specialist if:
- You can work in all Shiny projects as a developer under an experienced advisor or work as an independent consultant in small projects;
- You have proven track of delivering small projects;
- You have proven track of delivering a POC dashboard in 24h (3 business days);
- You have a proven track of writing well-structured high-quality code covered with unittests. An example related techniques: Shiny modules, wahani modules, R6, testthat, etc.
You’re Senior Shiny Specialist if:
- You can work as an independent consultant in medium-sized projects or advisor for other developers;
- You have proven track of end-to-end testing of their Shiny apps;
- You have practical experience in Java Script. Examples: jQuery, React/jsx/Redux, vanilla JS, defining custom events, understanding event loop, etc;
- You have good examples of improving the performance of Shiny projects (optimizing server code, JS, promises);
- You know the limitations of R and Shiny and propose ideas on how to overcome them.