Paid / Remote / full-time
We are growing fast and that’s why we are now looking for a new R/Shiny Developer to join our team.
At Appsilon, you can expect a flat organizational structure. There are currently 30 of us in a tech team, and each person has their own specialization, so the selection of projects and people who work on client tasks is flexible and depends on who has time to take on additional tasks at any given moment. We have other R/Shiny specialists, Frontend Developers, Fullstacks and DevOps in our team – you will have the opportunity to meet and work with each of them.
We are looking for a specialist whose experience and knowledge will enrich our team and allow us to take new, previously unknown directions.
- Design, develop, ship and maintain features without guidance. Implement clear, concise and tested code. Write unit tests. Perform rigorous code reviews that are recognized as helpful.
- Take responsibility for Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment process or deployment process of the app (in the absence of automation).
- Lead and deliver small projects and isolated parts of the larger project.
- Communicate risks and possible delays in advance. Propose solutions to the communicated problems.
- Experience in building advanced Shiny apps.
- Understanding of bottlenecks of R and engine of Shiny and sharing knowledge about it in the Team.
- Implementing visually attractive apps based on the input from the UX/UI Designer
- Experience in using unit testing as a natural technique for improving your code structure. Automates other tests such as end-to-end or performance tests.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English.
- Up to 14.000 PLN/month +VAT on a B2B contract ($3500/month)
- 26 days of paid holidays + an equivalent of public holidays in Poland, est. 11 days in 2021
- +5% of salary in Personal Development Budget to spend on activities that help you grow
- Remote work with flexible working hours adjusted to your time zone and family life.
- 4 paid days per year to be used for training/conferences, events, or workshop
- Private health care insurance (in Poland) or equivalent
- Projects that have a real impact on the world. More on https://appsilon.com/data-for-good
- Opportunity to work with the prestigious brands where you can see how data science is used
- Opportunity to develop yourself as an independent Shiny expert in a data science community