paid / Remote / full-time
Appsilon is an ambitious and fast-growing software house and consultancy specializing in decision support systems and machine learning with Fortune 500 clients across the globe. We are a unique company driven by a mission to improve our society and environment. Some examples of our #AI4good work include contributing to animal preservation in Gabon Parks, building COVID-19 dashboards, and improving data science tools for Doctors Without Borders.
We are a global leader in R and Shiny , which are used by companies of all sizes to build analytical applications. When companies run into difficult problems or want to initiate large-scale enterprise projects, they come to Appsilon.
Before you apply, please read our code of conduct .
Every few months we start completely new projects and dive into a completely new world. One day we learn the secrets of promotions in retail chains, another day we analyze satellite images, and then we get super interesting data from the residential market for analysis. Our projects are not only an opportunity to test our skills in difficult statistical, algorithmic, and technological problems but also an opportunity to learn how many different industries work from the inside.
We are growing fast and that’s why we are now looking for a new Senior R/Shiny Developer to join our team.
At Appsilon, you can expect a flat organizational structure. There are currently 25 of us in a tech team, and each person has their own specialization, so the selection of projects and people who work on client tasks is flexible and depends on who has time to take on additional tasks at any given moment. We have other R/Shiny specialists, Frontend Developers, Fullstacks and DevOps in our team - you will have the opportunity to meet and work with each of them.
We are looking for a specialist whose experience and knowledge will enrich our team and allow us to take new, previously unknown directions.
- Build advanced, high-quality Shiny apps independently, especially for large customers.
- Handle a role of a Project Leader in medium and Technical Leader in big sized projects. You’ll be independently responsible for the entire lifecycle of projects or features including design, development, end-to-end testing and deployment. You’ll take responsibility for team results.
- Mentor other contributors in various areas of software craftsmanship. Take initiative in improving how we work across projects. Take responsibility for our engineering maturity and quality.
- Own Continuous Integration / Continuous Deployment process and its improvement as well as introduction of automation to this process and keeping it up to date with the world standards
- Communicate with the client, proactively identify problems with requirements and communicates these issues early
- Delegate tasks to others and evaluate the delivery.
- Experience in building advanced Shiny apps, especially for large customers.
- Understanding of limitations of R and Shiny and proposing ideas on how to overcome them. You should have knowledge of advanced mechanisms of Shiny (e.g. bindings, registerDataObj, performance, promises, single-threading, etc.) and effectively use it in practice.
- Knowledge of how to scale Shiny to 1000s concurrent users. Contribution to performance optimization on different levels (frontend, backend, infrastructure). Understands the way Shiny uses WebSockets.
- Experience in Implementing visually impressive apps independently from a Graphic Designer
- Experience in extending Shiny apps with advanced functionalities e.g. using custom bindings, JS events in Shiny, JS-Shiny communication, Web Components, etc.
- Experience in delivering solutions known for high quality thanks to well balanced test pyramid.
- Fluent written and verbal communication in English
- Up to 19,000/month +VAT on a B2B contract ($4800/month)
- 26 days of paid holidays + an equivalent of public holidays in Poland, est. 11 days in 2021,
- +5% of salary in Personal Development Budget to spend on activities that help you grow
- Remote work with flexible working hours adjusted to your time zone and family life.
- 4 paid days per year to be used for training/conferences, events, or workshop
- Private health care insurance (in Poland)
- Projects that have a real impact on the world. More on Data for Good: Fighting COVID-19 with Data Science - Appsilon | Enterprise R Shiny Dashboards
- Opportunity to work with the prestigious brands where you can see how data science is used
- Opportunity to develop yourself as an independent Shiny expert in a data science community
- Screening call with Talent Manager
- Home assignment
- Interview with Hiring Manager
- Culture Fit Interview (we cherish our values, you can read about it more here: Careers - Appsilon | Enterprise R Shiny Dashboards)
Apply to this position