Assignment operator shortcut not working

Greetings everybody,

In the current version of Rstudio, 1.3.1056, i seem to be having problems with the Assignment operator shortcut (Alt+"-"). This shortcut isn't working anymore using the "-" on the numeric keypad, but it still works fine using the "-" in the typing key group. Here's the session info.

R version 4.0.2 (2020-06-22)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 18363)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252 LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252 LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

I'm not an expert but all the times I've had problems with shortcuts including the ALT key was because there were another program interfering with that shortcut. Maybe you have installed recently a different program that could use that combination of keys?

Thank you for the reply!
Unfortunately i've tested it on three different machines running windows 10 and they all have the same problem with Rstudio 1.3.1056 . Furthermore, the problem disappears when i downgrade to Rstudio version 1.2.5042 on all of them. I'm guessing you're not using windows 10 youself?

Maybe it's not supposed to work with the numeric keypad? You can remap them I think if you want to (Global Options|Code|Modify keyboard shortcuts).

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.