Assistance Running Data Analysis (ANOVA and Linear Regression)

Hey folks, I'm super new here but I'm running up on some deadlines and could use some assistance.

I'm trying to run some analyses on data I've collected for my archaeozoology class this semester, but I'm very inexperienced with R and I'm not entirely sure how to get the software to do what I need it to. I've only gotten as far as uploading my data, building a few vectors, and subsetting that data by species.

What I'd like to do is run linear regressions comparing hard palate/mandible length with carnassial height for each species tested and compare those results to a group of unknowns (4 test groups total). I'd also like to run a linear regression comparing maximum palate/mandible length with toothrow length to measure tooth crowding in the different groups. Following the linear regressions, I'd like to run an ANOVA to see if the unknowns fall into any particular known group, but I already have a basic script for that from a previous project I can probably use.

Thank you in advance for any help you can offer!
Fox :fox_face:

It's easier to answer a concrete question than one in the abstract. See the FAQ: How to do a minimal reproducible example reprex for beginners.

Try posing the question using the iris dataset, which has three species and four measurements.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.