Assistant Director/Director, Office of Data Science
Full-Time / Boston, MA, USA
As a technical member of the Office of Data Science (ODS), Enablement & Collaboration unit, you will work with a team of data science (DS) and machine learning (ML) experts to solve Liberty’s most challenging data science problems.
The ODS was created to provide additional centralized support and expertise to DS teams across the global organization. Their projects focus on key areas of interest to multiple teams, bleeding-edge research and experimentation, common tool development, and establishing best practices to ensure the scientific community at Liberty is well-positioned to rapidly meet the challenges of modern industry.
If you are interested in making an impact on an entire culture at a Fortune 100 company, the ODS is the place for you!
As a centralized group, their project scope is vast. Possible projects include:
- Design new language models (NLP/NLU) to understand and build predictions or summaries from customer calls, claim notes, webchats, medical records, and beyond
- Detect property hazards from aerial imagery, customer photos, geospatial data, etc. using computer vision (CV)
- Explore the advantages and limitations of privacy-preserving ML, to accelerate experimentation and better protect their customers’ data
- Push the boundaries in fundamental experimentation to boost and augment small-sample or rare-event data, transfer learning, and similar techniques
- Engage in theoretical research in collaboration with MIT, via Liberty’s investment in the MIT Quest for Intelligence, to shape the future of AI
The actual internal level/grade for this role will depend on the candidate’s overall experience and skill level.
- Solid knowledge of predictive analytics techniques and statistical diagnostics of models. Advance knowledge of predictive toolset; expert resource for tool development.
- Demonstrated ability to exchange ideas and convey complex information clearly and concisely. Has a value-driven perspective with regard to the understanding of work context and impact.
- Competencies typically acquired through a Ph.D. degree (in Statistics, Mathematics, Economics, Actuarial Science or other scientific fields of study) with 2+ years professional experience, a Master’s degree (scientific field of study) and 4+ years of relevant experience or may be acquired through a Bachelor’s degree(scientific field of study) and 5+ years of relevant experience.
They value your hard work, integrity, and commitment to positive change. In return for your service, it’s their privilege to offer you benefits and rewards that support your life and well-being. To learn more about their benefit offerings please visit: https://LMI.co/Benefits
At Liberty Mutual, they give motivated, accomplished professionals the opportunity to help us redefine what insurance means; to work for a global leader with a deep sense of humanity and a focus on improving and protecting everyday lives. They create an inspired, collaborative environment, where people can take ownership of their work; push breakthrough ideas; and feel confident that their contributions will be valued and their growth championed.
They’re dedicated to doing the right thing for their employees, because they know that their fulfillment and success leads them to great places. Life. Happiness. Innovation. Impact. Advancement. Whatever their pursuit, talented people find their path at Liberty Mutual.
Category: Analytics; Experienced Professionals
Primary Location: Boston, MA
Education Level: Bachelor’s Degree (±16 years)
Shift: Day Job