paid / full-time / Remote with DC or Boston area preferred.
Aternity - a subsidiary of Riverbed Technology - is transforming the employee experience in the digital workplace, offering enterprise-scale analytics for every application, all transactions, any device and all users. Our industry leading, Digital Experience Management solutions, help optimize business application performance - improving employee productivity & customer satisfaction, mitigating risk of IT transformation, and driving down the cost of IT operations.
About this Position
Title: Data Scientist
Reports to: Chief Technical Officer
Location: Virtual (remote/home office) - Greater Washington DC or Boston preferred
- Analyze and model structured data using advanced statistical methods and implement algorithms and software needed to perform analysis.
- Perform machine learning, natural language, and statistical analysis methods, such as classification, collaborative filtering, association rules, sentiment analysis, topic modeling, time-series analysis, regression, statistical inference, and validation methods.
- Cluster large amount of user generated content and process data in large-scale environments using Hadoop, Spark, and EC2.
- Apply statistical techniques and machine learning algorithms that directly contribute to the design and development of new product features.
- Manipulate high-volume endpoints and network data stores in structured (SQL) and unstructured (NoSQL) forms.
- Experience and proven track record building data products with machine learning approaches such as regression analysis, classification, clustering and predictive models.
- 2 years' experience using statistics and analytics to solve complex problems
- Proficient in analysis (e.g. R, SAS, Matlab) packages, programming languages (e.g. Java, Python, Ruby) as well as the ability to implement, maintain, and troubleshoot big data infrastructure, such as distributed processing paradigms, stream processing and databases such as Hadoop and SQL.
- Experience in data extraction and processing, using MapReduce, Pig, and/or Hive
- Data-oriented personality, with good communication and documentation skills.
- PhD in Statistics is highly desired
Aternity - a Riverbed subsidiary - offers a rewarding experience of working with the best minds in the industry that are changing the world through cutting edge technology and applications. We are proud of our great culture that continuously fosters innovation, collaboration, and diverse work environments. We remain committed to attracting, developing, and retaining the most diverse group of talent to better serve our customers.
Riverbed is an equal employment opportunity/Affirmative Action (EEO/AA) employer and provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, physical disability (including HIV and AIDS), mental disability, medical condition, pregnancy or child birth (including breast feeding), sexual orientation, genetics, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis protected by and in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws.
Check us out on:
@aternityinc Data Scientist