Authentication info on shinyapps.io

Hello, I'm interested in creating a shiny app that serves a user-specific UI.

There are two examples in the Shiny Gallery, "Authentication and database", and "Personalized UI", though neither seems to be working at the moment, and I can't get the code to run locally.

Questions:

1. for the upper shipapps.io tiers --ie the ones that offer authentication-- is the authentication available at all to the app itself (maybe via session), such that one could tailor the UI on a by-user basis?

2. Is there a more recent working app example?

3. I've run across the seemingly promising shinyauthr package, though the machinery of having mature functionality (durable session cookies, forgotten password factor auth, new user setup etc ) seems daunting.

Any advice is much appreciated.

The gallery apps should work if you accept cookies from the shiny-gallery.rstudioservices.com domain.

In shinyapps.io, you have access to the user name, I believe from within session.

1 Like

Sure enough, session$user is available, after having fumbled around with session$userData, which gives a lot of other stuff

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.