Authorization for Confluence is no longer valid

When following the instructions for publishing a Quarto document on my company's Atlassian Confluence cloud I was given the following response after providing the 'Space or Parent Page URL':

The authorization saved for Confluence is no longer valid. Please be sure you are logged into the correct Confluence account in your default web browser, then press Enter to re-authorize.

I have ensured that I am logged in to the proper Confluence account on my default browser, but the error persists. Since I am able to get to the 'Space or Parent Page' prompt, I assume that my Confluence account email and API tokens are being accepted in this process.

What are some next steps I can take to try and publish this Quarto document?

Were you able to resolve this issue?

I just ran into it too.

In my scenario, I had created an API-Token that worked when publishing to my own "Pages" in Confluence. But when I tried to publish to a different parent directory within the same Confluence domain, I got the The authorization saved for Confluence is no longer valid error.

This was the case even after creating a new tokens and "starting fresh" by deleting _publish.yml and reauthorizing.

I should add that I am able to MANUALLY create pages in parent directory which I am trying to publish to, so it's probably not due to my user's permissions. Are permissions fine-grained enough in Confluence to care about user vs api-token activities? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

The thing is I don't know if this a quarto or Confluence problem. Is there a way to access more information about what, exactly, is going wrong? It's hard to get Confluence help if there's no easy way to reproduce or at least isolate the problem.

The full text of the error is ...

The authorization saved for Confluence is no longer valid.
  Please be sure you are logged into the correct Confluence account in your
  default web browser, then press Enter to re-authorize.

I found no solution, my post was my last ditch for now. I was unable to even publish my own page to Confluence through Quarto- you're saying that you were able to accomplish this?

I sympathize with you about the difficulty to reproduce this. Thanks for your response.

Yes, I can publish to my personal "pages" space but not to other spaces within the same confluence domain (even though I can publish everywhere manually).

The workaround, for the time being, is to publish to my own personal pages space and then move those pages to their correct destination from within Confluence. Not ideal, but it works.

I too am having this issue. Each time I reply "Y" to reauthorizing my account, it just repeats the whole process and the same error appears. It also creates a "quarto-permission-test-" page in my confluence personal space.

Can you open an issue about this in GitHub - quarto-dev/quarto-cli: Open-source scientific and technical publishing system built on Pandoc. ? Thank you

See this issue for the Quarto CLI for more discussion on this topic; When no delete rights, confusing prompt, can't publish to confluence space - leaves test files behind. · Issue #5299 · quarto-dev/quarto-cli · GitHub

This topic was automatically closed 42 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.