Bash/Shell Script in RMarkdown -- interactive popups?

Hi,

I am trying to read some files from my corporate s3 account. I can use the aws.s3 package to get the data I need.

However, because of internal corporate rules, I have to "login" every hour to keep it active. I have a .sh script which wraps a .py script that logs in -- but when I do it in the terminal, it asks me for my user name and password (and one other question). While this works fine in the RStudio terminal, is there a way to do this in a bash chunk in my .Rmd file (or through the session2() command i guess)? It would require a pop-up in the middle of it running, but I wouldn't have to think to connect it manually through the terminal each time...

Thanks!

Unless there's a way for you to log in non-interactively (e.g. setting some environment variables with user name + password / personal access token?) it's unlikely this will work since chunks execute in a non-interactive context.

Thanks -- it's what I suspected

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.