Basic explanation of how 3d plotter packages Work

Hey, just another Beginner Question.
So i wanted to 3d plot a data set which has a certain amount of rows and up to 60 columns. Whereas each column should be one "line" in the 3d plot if you understand what I mean. Basically a 2d matrix plotted in 3D. And i first thought, well this is the usual way to plot 3d. In the end a 3d plot is like x*times a 2d plot with the same distance from column to column... But this was wrong i think. I tried many many packages but always they wanted an x,y,z variable . But i had 60 columns so that was a problem I could only fix if i would combine all 60 columns to one. I found in the end the lattice library and the persp function which you can give a 2d matrix and that works generally.
So at this point i started thinking about how all this different packages even work.
My theory is: You give the package 3 variables. You define with X how many points will be plotted in one line. And then the package fills line after line until there is no data available anymore. But i think Iam wrong.

So could somebody please explain for all the Beginners around R how the packages work and how to convert the data so you can use with "any" package altough them being different...
thanks forwarding

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.