Paid / Remote / full-time
Saving lives through finding matches for those with blood diseases. Diversifying our registry as well as determining how ready someone is to become a donor.
- Using SAS, SAS JMP, R, Python, Uniex or Perl.
- Programming tool like AWS cloud computing, Docker, Spark, Microsoft Azure ML
Be The Match is looking for a Senior Data Scientist to join our Business Analytics team. This role will report to the Manager, Business Analytics and will be instrumental in supporting the organization to achieve its five-year strategy. If you have ever desired to be part of a truly mission driven organization – now is the time!
The scope of work for this role will include model creation for various operational processes which is inclusive but not limited to the following: model selection, feature selection, model accuracy and measurement while providing transparency and collaboration with internal partners. The person in this role will provide input and analytics expertise to teams and leaders in the organization and serve as a leader to help drive adoption and acceptance of analytical approaches.
As a Senior Data Scientist, you will also be expected to mentor and train other data scientists on technical solutions. This role will have the credibility and technical acumen to influence business stakeholders and peers by providing analytical insight and transparency throughout development. You’ll work directly with various cross functional teams to share insight and provide accessible statistical output. You’ll engage with stakeholders to review analysis and recommend additional data points and analytical techniques to be applied. This position can be Hybrid or Remote (US). #LI-Hybrid #LI-Remote
- Interpret data, analyze results using statistical and analytical techniques and lead cross functional working groups to share data and recommend strategies
- Independently identify, analyze, and interpret trends or patterns in our data using a variety of techniques, ranging from simple data aggregation via statistical analysis to complex data mining
- Understand and articulate complex mathematical and computational learning concepts
- Develop sophisticated custom data models and algorithms
- Lead in the development of processes and tools to monitor and analyze model performance and data accuracy
- Leads complex analysis of business data to identify patterns and correlations among the various data points
- Collaboration with key stakeholders and data partners to define data requirements needed to support the business processes, translate insights, and facilitate key decision making
- Lead in developing process improvement solutions and systems that are designed based on data and analytics
- Contributes to the design of new initiatives that require test and measurement before full implementation
- Applies acceptable statistical techniques to ensure tests are properly conducted
- Proactively leads in statistical data mining and other analytical tasks
- Participate in projects requiring advanced statistical analyses, innovative research, mathematical calculations, and technical skills
- Leads the mentorship and supports data scientists
- Conducts risk assessment and offers options when possible to stakeholders
- Acts as the source of unbiased data-supported insights to the organization; confidently challenges norms
- Leads project subject matter experts in the evaluation of current business processes and identification of current weaknesses or inefficiencies
- Strong computer skills including experience with Microsoft office software
- Experience writing queries (SQL) and experience with large data sets and complex integrated systems
- Experience using SAS, SAS JMP, R, Python, Uniex or Perl. Understanding of data quality methods, statistical analysis (SAS, R) and predictive modeling preferred.
- Knowledge of programming tool like AWS cloud computing, Docker, Spark, Microsoft Azure ML
- Data science, bioinformatics, machine learning, data mining, operations research, statistical modeling techniques and applications for high volume and complex datasets
- Knowledge of best coding practices
- Understanding of how to operationalize a model
- Explain statistical concepts in easy-to-understand language to colleagues with little to no background in data analysis
- Display data visually, creating powerful presentations and stories which effectively quantify and justify value created to both analytical and non-analytical audiences
- Lead and speak courageously, challenge ideas and propose alternatives
- Grasp the diversity of our systems and network and the ability to make recommendations and implement solutions
- Strong attention to detail and excellent organizational skills
- Well- developed interpersonal skills dealing with people of different cultures and styles
- Advanced communication skills to include writing and oral abilities to connect with a wide range of people
- Demonstrate excellent analytical, problem solving with a strong customer focus
- Manage multiple assignments simultaneously with minimal direction or supervision
- Work and deliver under tight timeframes
- Manage complex projects with multiple stakeholders
- Perform quality assurance/validation, innovate in application of methodologies, and troubleshoot and reproduce analyses.
- Demonstrate advanced coding and documentation skills and in-depth knowledge for handling of complex datasets.
- Code in one or more of R, Python, and Java and learn or utilize others as needed.
Education and/or Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Economics, Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Finance, or other quantitative disciplines. However, upon evaluation, equivalent related experience and/or education may be substituted for degree requirement.
- A minimum of six years professional hands-on experience translating analytics including statistical modeling, data mining, and predictive modeling/forecasting into actionable insights
- Master’s degree or higher.
- Experience in biosciences and bioinformatics
Proof of COVID-19 vaccination with acceptable documentation is required for employment. NMDP will consider all requests for medical or religious accommodation.