Sorry, I can't get any traction on this topic! To date, my R use has always been with offline CSV and Excel files.
My Goal, and what I know so far:
- I want to do basic exploratory data analysis on a new (to me) database.
- I want to know the best workflow practice. (i.e., RODBC, JDBC, or some other approach entirely?)
- The database is an Azure SQL Managed Instance.
- My searches indicate it's rare for R users to use RODBC or JDBC to connect to databases. (I would like to know if this assumption is right or wrong .)
- I don't know if I should even be bothering with R, or if I should be querying with SQL directly
Does 95% of the R community use R with flat files, and no databases?
What's the best practice when a database is involved, and you want to explore it?