Blank Window of RStudio in Windows 10

I just updated Rstudio to the latest, but found it cannot be rendering correctly. I saw users from mac also have this problem.

I have read this article about troubleshooting the rendering problem. But I don't know whether it is because I'm doing in a right way or it doesn't work.

I changed the desktop.ini into this:

[General]
desktop.renderingEngine=software
RBinDir=
PreferR64=true

[mainwindow]
geometry=@ByteArray(\x1\xd9\xd0\xcb\0\x3\0\0\0\0\x1\xab\0\0\0!\0\0\x6\x33\0\0\x3\xd9\0\0\x1\xac\0\0\0G\0\0\x6\x32\0\0\x3\xd8\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\0\a\x80\0\0\x1\xac\0\0\0G\0\0\x6\x32\0\0\x3\xd8)

And set the rendering to software; I also tried 32 bit and auto-detect (default) rendering engine, neither works.

I run the diagnostic, but it stuck when connecting to R:

Attempting to launch R session...
R_HOME=C:\PROGRA~1\R\R-35~1.3
PATH=C:\Program Files\R\R-3.5.3\bin\x64;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\system32\wbem;C:\WINDOWS\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0;C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\Intel\Shared Libraries\redist\intel64\compiler;c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel(r) management engine components\icls;c:\program files\intel\intel(r) management engine components\icls;c:\windows\system32;c:\windows;c:\windows\system32\wbem;c:\windows\system32\windowspowershell\v1.0;c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel(r) management engine components\dal;c:\program files\intel\intel(r) management engine components\dal;c:\program files (x86)\intel\intel(r) management engine components\ipt;c:\program files\intel\intel(r) management engine components\ipt;c:\program files (x86)\nvidia corporation\physx\common;c:\program files\intel\wifi\bin;c:\program files\common files\intel\wirelesscommon;C:\WINDOWS\system32\openssh;C:\Program Files\dotnet;E:\Users\ice4p\Python\Python37-32;E:\Users\ice4p\Python\Python37-32\Scripts;C:\WINDOWS\system32;C:\WINDOWS;C:\WINDOWS\System32\Wbem;C:\WINDOWS\System32\WindowsPowerShell\v1.0;C:\WINDOWS\System32\OpenSSH;C:\Program Files\Git\cmd;C:\Users\ice4p\AppData\Local\Microsoft\WindowsApps;E:\Users\ice4p\Python\Python37-32;

R session launched, attempting to connect on port 27251...
qt.qpa.fonts: Unable to open default EUDC font: "C:\Users\ice4p\AppData\LocalLow\SogouPY\EUDC\SGPYEUDC_1.TTE"

Connected to R session, attempting to initialize...

I think I need some help. Is this mean that my R missing? But I'm sure that I have r 3.6.1 Installed. What's wrong with my Rstudio?

You can try resetting RStudio's state as well: https://support.rstudio.com/hc/en-us/articles/200534577-Resetting-RStudio-Desktop-s-State

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.