Blastula: smtp_send error. Error in curl_fetch_memory(smtp_server, handle = h) : RCPT failed: 501

I am a frequent user of the blastula package to send email from R. For some reason, I am struggling to resolve the following error message.

Error in curl_fetch_memory(smtp_server, handle = h) : RCPT failed: 501

I took the following steps to resolve the issue:

  1. Creating new cred_key with use_ssl set to TRUE.
  2. Changing the internet connection.
  3. Restarting R and RStudio.

I managed to solve the error above by validating the email addresses. It appears the dataset contained invalid email addresses.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.