blavaan install problem on Ubuntu

I am trying to install.packages('blavaan') in my Ubuntu laptop, but I get an install error that I don't understand. After the compile steps complete:

installing to /home/larry/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.6/00LOCK-blavaan/00new/blavaan/libs
** R
** inst
** byte-compile and prepare package for lazy loading
Error in readRDS(nsInfoFilePath) : error reading from connection
Calls: ... namespaceImportFrom -> asNamespace -> loadNamespace -> readRDS
Execution halted
ERROR: lazy loading failed for package ‘blavaan’

• removing ‘/home/larry/R/x86_64-pc-linux-gnu-library/3.6/blavaan’

The install goes fine up to the point that R tries to byte compile and prepare for lazy loading. Then an error occurs in readRDS(nsInfoFilePath), and the install abends. This is a consistent issue, and occurs whether I try the install from RStudio or directly in R. Interestingly, there was no problem installing blavaan into my Windows 10 box. This seems not to be a problem with the blavaan compilation. The last g++ compile step completes successfully, and then the install system tries to install the package into my private library. I don't know how the "byte compile and prepare package for lazy loading" step is supposed to work, so I don't understand if this problem is something in the blavaan package, something in the byte compile/lazy loading step, or some sort of privilege problem specific to my Ubuntu box. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.
Larry Hunsicker

Running R 3.6.1, RStudio 1.2.5019, Windows 10 64 bit uptodate.

Hello,

I do not use this package, so I cannot give you an specific answer but have you tried to download the source file and install it from the terminal with

R CMD INSTALL 0.3-8.tar.gz

In addition, if this does not work you can try an older version from the CRAN archive and install it from the terminal with R CMD package.tar.gz , if it still contains the functions that you need for your analysis, and use it until you find a solution with the installation of the latest version.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.