Blogdown not rendering with CSV files, unmarshall CSV

Hi R Studio folks.
I am trying to build a website using R blogdown. However, I when I try to render it it does not. The following outcome pops-up when I try to render.

blogdown::serve_site()
Building sites … ERROR 2020/07/07 09:08:10 unexpected data type string in file AGENT.csv
ERROR 2020/07/07 09:08:10 unexpected data type string in file GROUPS.csv
ERROR 2020/07/07 09:08:10 unexpected data type string in file XXX_BASE_GROUPS.csv
ERROR 2020/07/07 09:08:10 unexpected data type string in file XXXX_BASE_WORKS.csv
Total in 433 ms
Error: Error building site: failed to render pages: write C:\Users\bapti\OneDrive - XXX\XXX@WEB\public\tags\ai\index.html: Incorrect function.
Building sites … ERROR 2020/07/07 09:08:11 unexpected data type string in file AGENT.csv
ERROR 2020/07/07 09:08:11 unexpected data type string in file GROUPS.csv
ERROR 2020/07/07 09:08:11 unexpected data type string in file XXXXX_BASE_GROUPS.csv
ERROR 2020/07/07 09:08:11 unexpected data type string in file PROSUL_BASE_WORKS.csv
Total in 479 ms
Error: Error building site: failed to render pages: write C:\Users\bapti\OneDrive - XXXX, LDA\XXXXXXX\public\tags\ai\index.html: Incorrect function.
The system cannot find the path specified.
Error in shell(cmd, mustWork = TRUE, intern = intern) :

Did anyone get the same error? How did you overcome it?

Regards

I have a blogdown generated website but I never encountered .csv input files.
Because you use the statement blogdown::serve_site() you must be using Hugo to compile the site.

In order to be able to help you some questions:

• did this work before or is this your first try
  • what Hugo template do you use
  • can you show us your Hugo configuration file config.toml

Hi. I overcame this by copying all the .csv files and paste them in a /static/csv. Them O redirected my rmd chunck to read from this folder. Someone said that csv files need their own folder called csv to work properly with Hugo. I am using educenter Hugo theme.

I use csv files because I need to embed charts and tables in my website. Is there a better solution to embed charts and tables in a blog without using csv?

Thanks for answering.

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.