I’m in the early days of learning and using blogdown, and running into an issue where serve_site() returns a blank preview, and then upon refresh, and index of my site. If I push to GitHub the site will publish on the web without issues - which I’ve been using as a “live and definitely published” preview - but I would really like to make use of the serve_site() function within RStudio so that I’m not constantly using a live site for previewing purposes.
The following is what I see when I use the “Serve Site” addin with RStudio (I receive the same results when I use blogdown::serve_site()):
When I refresh the viewer I get the following (I also get this when viewing in the browser):
Things that I’ve tried:
- updated all the things (R, RStudio, packages, and OS)
- restarted my computer because you never know
- I’ve Googled this but not come up with anything actionable beyond setting relativeurls = true (which I’ve done - it’s resulted in no change)
- a similar error seems to have occurred for Windows users here, but no solution was found
- I’ve tried replicating the issue on my PC, but run into so many issues just trying to get blogdown and hugo to work that it’s prohibitively difficult
- I’ve run reprex() following serve site multiple times, and it just picks up the last URL I’ve copied to my clipboard.
I’m running everything on macOS High Sierra 10.13.3
Any insights would be most appreciated!