paid / Cambridge, MA, United States / full-time
We are looking for a candidate that has experience with different coding languages such as python, perl, C++ and R.
The candidate will be in charge of developing solutions for genomics data structuring, distributed compute workflows, and tools for large-scale data manipulation and mining.
Blueprint Medicines is a global precision therapy company that invents life-changing therapies for people with cancer and hematologic disorders. Applying an approach that is both precise and agile, we create medicines that selectively target genetic drivers, with the goal of staying one step ahead across stages of disease. Since 2011, we have leveraged our research platform, including expertise in molecular targeting and world-class drug design capabilities, to translate science rapidly and reproducibly into a broad pipeline of precision therapies. Today, we are delivering approved medicines directly to patients in the United States and Europe, and we are globally advancing multiple programs for genomically defined cancers, systemic mastocytosis, and cancer immunotherapy.
What will you do?
This is an excellent opportunity for an experienced, hands-on leader to help build Blueprint’s data infrastructure and analytics capabilities and play a critical role in developing cutting-edge computational methods. You will be responsible for designing, building, validating, and deploying computational biology and bioinformatics solutions. You will work with functional leader and will have an exciting opportunity to be involved in various stages of the drug discovery process, working in an innovative, motivating, and collaborative environment.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Apply the latest hardware, software, and cloud technologies to develop innovative solutions for genomics data structuring, distributed compute workflows, and tools for large-scale data manipulation and mining.
- Promote effective data use and lead initiative to collect and connect diverse data sources.
- Oversee integration of internal and external data sources.
- Create data analysis and visualizations using business intelligence tools.
- Manage pipeline to continuously generate data insights as new data become available.
- Work with cross functional partners and the software development team to design data solutions.
- Contribute to the development and implementation of primary and secondary analysis software.
- Collaborate with Blueprint IT/IS team and external technology partners.
What basic qualifications do we require?
- Requires a minimum of bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Bioinformatics, Mathematics, or a related field.
- 4+ years of hands-on experience in development and maintenance of production-quality software and computer infrastructure.
- 2+ years of Python/Perl/C++ software development experience.
What additional qualifications are we seeking?
- Preferred working knowledge of DNA/RNA sequencing and Proteomics data analysis.
- Extensive experience in cloud platforms including AWS and GCP, automation and scalable solutions within cloud environments.
- Hands-on experience with workflow execution tools (e.g., NetFlow or Snakemake) and knowledge of standard bioinformatics tools.
- Experience working with relational databases.
- Working knowledge with NoSQL databases such as Couchbase and Mongo.
- Strong analytical skills and ability to resolve problems independently.
- Strong project planning skills.
- Ability to balance multiple priorities in an organized manner and communicate progress to stakeholders.
- A collaborative teammate, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion.
- Track record of successfully working in cross-function teams.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, result-driven environment.
- Enthusiasm for supporting novel drug target discovery for unmet patient populations.
- Commitment to Blueprint Medicines’ Core Values: Patients First, Thoughtfulness, Urgency, Trust, & Optimism.
Requirement to Remain Up to Date with COVID-19 Vaccinations – Fully Vaccinated & Boosted
As a biotechnology organization, it is our responsibility to do everything we can to safeguard the health and safety of our workforce, our communities, and the patients we serve. That is why we require as a condition of initial and continuing employment that U.S. employees be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 and receive a booster when eligible. We will provide a reasonable accommodation due to a certified medical or religious contraindication if it does not present an undue hardship to Blueprint Medicines, consistent with applicable law. Accommodation requests for either of these reasons should be made to TotalRewards@blueprintmedicines.com.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Affirmative Action
At Blueprint Medicines, we foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. A proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, we consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. We are also an E-Verify Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations, absent undue hardship, for qualified individuals with known disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who requires an accommodation with the hiring process or to perform any essential functions of the position for which you are applying, please reach out to TotalRewards@blueprintmedicines.com.
Who we are:
We do not think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that each one of us matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together in a diverse community. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and we foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.