Paid / Cambridge, MA, United States / Full-time
We are seeking for a Computational Biology / Bioinformatics Scientist to develop cutting-edge computational methods for early target discovery, Next Generation Sequencing data analysis, modeling potential target toxicity and generating biomarker and drug resistance hypothesis.
Blueprint Medicines is a global precision therapy company that invents life-changing therapies for people with cancer and hematologic disorders. Applying an approach that is both precise and agile, we create medicines that selectively target genetic drivers, with the goal of staying one step ahead across stages of disease. Since 2011, we have leveraged our research platform, including expertise in molecular targeting and world-class drug design capabilities, to rapidly and reproducibly translate science into a broad pipeline of precision therapies. Today, we are delivering approved medicines directly to patients in the United States and Europe, and we are globally advancing multiple programs for genomically defined cancers, systemic mastocytosis, and cancer immunotherapy.
What will you do?
We are seeking a Computational Biology / Bioinformatics Scientist to drive forward drug discovery and therapeutic development processes at Blueprint Medicines. The ideal candidate will lead and play a critical role in developing cutting-edge computational methods for early target discovery, Next Generation Sequencing data analysis, modeling potential target toxicity and generating biomarker and drug resistance hypothesis. This will be an exciting opportunity to be involved in various stages of drug discovery process, working in an innovative, motivating, and collaborative environment.
What will be your responsibilities?
- Lead computational biology efforts towards new and ongoing programs for drug discovery.
- Provide strategic functional leadership to address key target identification questions on underlying biological mechanism, model target safety and patient stratification.
- Leverage and extend best practices from genomics, statistics, and data science to process and analyze internal and public multi-omics data and interpret biological networks.
- Proactively collaborate with project teams to identify key needs and leverage your analytical knowledge to provide insights in a timely manner.
- Lead quantitative analysis, develop tools for data organization, integration, and sample tracking
- Distill complex data analyses and effectively communicate key findings both informally and in meetings with colleagues and management.
What basic qualifications do we require?
- PhD in computational biology, bioinformatics, or related disciplines, with relevant 4+ years of industry experience or MS in computational biology or bioinformatics with 10+ years of industry experience.
What additional qualifications are we seeking?
- A proven track record of next-generation sequencing data analysis, machine learning algorithms and biomarker discovery for human diseases.
- Comprehensive knowledge of biological systems, common experimental approaches to address biological questions, and latest genomics technology advancement.
- Proficient with scripting languages such as R, python and C++, statistical tools and workflows used in genomics data analysis and databases, and data visualization
- Demonstrated ability to collaborate with experimental biologists to design studies, strong interpersonal and communication skills, with a passion for participating in a fast-paced environment characterized by rigorous science and innovative thinking
- A passion for identifying clinically relevant novel drug targets for unmet patient populations.
- Track record of successfully working in cross-function teams
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, result-driven environment
- Effective listener, clear communicator, and quick learner
- At home in a highly accountable environment where you can make a clear impact
- A great teammate, who listens effectively and invites response and discussion
- Commitment to Blueprint Medicines’ Core Values: Patients First, Thoughtfulness, Urgency, Trust, Optimism
COVID-19 Vaccination Requirement
As a biotechnology organization, it is our responsibility to do everything we can to safeguard the health and safety of our workforce, our communities, and the patients we serve. That is why we require all employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19, unless we approve an exemption through a reasonable accommodation for certified health reasons or sincerely held religious beliefs. Accommodation requests for either of these reasons should be made to TotalRewards@blueprintmedicines.com.
Equity, Diversity, Inclusion and Affirmative Action
At Blueprint Medicines, we foster a culture of equity, diversity and inclusion. A proud Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, we consider all qualified applicants without regard to race, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, religion, national origin, ancestry, ethnicity, disability, veteran status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected under applicable law. We are also an E-Verify Employer. We will make reasonable accommodations, absent undue hardship, for qualified individuals with known disabilities. If you are an individual with a disability who requires an accommodation with the hiring process or to perform any essential functions of the position for which you are applying, please reach out to TotalRewards@blueprintmedicines.com.
Who we are:
We don’t think in small steps. We think in giant leaps.
We are driven by the pursuit of new ideas, new innovations, and new ways of thinking.
We know that what each and every one of us matters and that our success depends on our ability to work together in a diverse community. We believe we are at our best as a company when our employees are thriving and we foster a culture that provides opportunities to grow and develop professionally, while also having fun.