paid / full-time / Renton, Washington; Everett, Washington
At Boeing, we innovate and collaborate to make the world a better place. From the seabed to outer space, you can contribute to work that matters with a company where diversity, equity and inclusion are shared values. We’re committed to fostering an environment for every teammate that’s welcoming, respectful and inclusive, with great opportunity for professional growth. Find your future with us.
Boeing Commercial Airplanes (BCA) is looking to bring on a Experienced Propulsion Safety Risk Analysis Engineer to join team in Renton, Washington .
The successful candidate should be able to work collaboratively as part of a team and be detailed oriented, enthusiastic, self-directed, capable of managing multiple projects/competing priorities, able to communicate complex topics effectively, and have an ability/desire to learn and grow technically.
- Perform risk analyses and other statistical analyses to support all Boeing Commercial Airplane (BCA) Programs with respect to propulsion in-service safety and reliability.
- Evaluate and support supplier (mainly engine companies) risk and statistical assessments with a focus on assessing the validity of their technical and statistical assumptions.
- Provide statistical analysis support and collaborate with Industry committees.
- Collaborate with Propulsion Safety and Risk Analysis Experts to develop new tools and approaches for analyzing safety and reliability risks.
This position must meet Export Control compliance requirements, therefore a “US Person” as defined by 22 C.F.R. § 120.15 is required. “US Person” includes US Citizen, lawful permanent resident, refugee, or asylee.
Employer will not sponsor applicants for employment visa status.
Basic Qualifications (Required Skills/Experience):
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in an engineering, math, or science related field
- 3+ years of experience performing quantitative or statistical analysis, data collection, preparation and interpretation
- 3+ years of experience programming with MATLAB or similar languages (R, Minitab, C, Java, Tableau, etc.)
- Experience in engineering modeling and/or analysis with computer programming of analytical models, simulations, and/or data processing
- 1+ years’ of experience in performing risk assessments and risk management
Preferred Qualifications (Desired Skills/Experience):
- Life Data Analysis, Reliability Growth, Monte Carlo and Fault Tree Analysis experience
- Design of Experiments and Probability of Detection experience
- Technical/engineering understanding of jet engine and fuel systems fundamentals (mechanically and operationally)
- Programming in R
Education/experience typically acquired through advanced technical education from an accredited course of study in engineering, computer science, mathematics, physics or chemistry (e.g. Bachelor) and typically 5 or more years' related work experience or an equivalent combination of technical education and experience (e.g. PhD, Master+3 years' related work experience). In the USA, ABET accreditation is the preferred, although not required, accreditation standard.
This position offers relocation based on candidate eligibility.
This is a union represented role.
Drug Free Workplace:
Boeing is a Drug Free Workplace where post offer applicants and employees are subject to testing for marijuana, cocaine, opioids, amphetamines, PCP, and alcohol when criteria is met as outlined in our policies.
This position is for 1st shift
Contingent Upon Program Award
No, this position is not contingent upon program award
Boeing is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, physical or mental disability, genetic factors, military/veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.