Bootstrap Grid not Loading on R Markdown Slidy Presentation File

Below is my Slidy Presentation R Markdown file. I'd like to split my contents using the Bootstrap grid system. However, an example using the plot is not loading the grid. What could I be doing wrong?

---
title: "Slidy R PPT"
author: "myself"
date: "`r Sys.Date()`"
output: slidy_presentation
---

{r setup, include=FALSE}
knitr::opts_chunk$set(echo = FALSE)

{r script-files and libraries, include=FALSE, echo=FALSE, message=FALSE, warning=FALSE, paged.print=FALSE}
# Libraries
library(easypackages)
libraries("tidyverse","inspectdf","dlookr","kableExtra","knitr","htmlwidgets")

# Source Script
sys.source("Scripts/Analysis.R", envir = knitr::knit_global())

## Table of Contents

## Grid System Example

<div class = "row">
<div class = "col-md-6">
{r cars,  warning = FALSE, echo = FALSE, dev=c('svg')}
plot(pressure)

</div>
<div class = "col-md-6">
{r pressure, warning = FALSE, echo=FALSE, dev=c('svg')}
plot(pressure)

</div>
</div>

## Slide with R Output

## Slide with Plot

Note: In the above code, I've removed ``` in the r code chunks for the purpose of formatting

1 Like

FYI if you want to use triple backticks in your code share and want them preserved/i.e. shown, you can wrap the whole in quadruple backticks

```
example a
```
in between 
```
example b
```

Thanks. Do you know the answer to my question above? I'm stuck

@molomuli slidy_presentation does not use bootstrap. So you can't use a bootstrap feature like that in this presentation format. The format is based on HTML Slidy

You would need to load the bootstrap dependency first, but I don't if a conflict can happen or not. bslib package can may be help for this

Also for tabs in non bootstrap format, there is also panelset from xaringanExtra

You could try it in slidy presentation

@cderv .Thanks. Can I ask a separate question unrelated to the topic above?
I'd like to add navigation buttons (especially at the bottom right) to each slide.
How do I go about that?

Many thanks in advance.
Molo

I don't know if slidy supports this or not.

If not, you need to tweak using HTML, CSS, JS if possible.

otherwise, you need to use a slide framework that has the feature you want (revealjs has navigation button for example)

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.