paid / Cambridge, Massachusetts / full-time
At Bristol Myers Squibb, we are inspired by a single vision – transforming patients’ lives through science. In oncology, hematology, immunology and cardiovascular disease – and one of the most diverse and promising pipelines in the industry – each of our passionate colleagues contribute to innovations that drive meaningful change. We bring a human touch to every treatment we pioneer. Join us and make a difference.
We are looking for a new team member! A results-oriented individual to contribute to our bioinformatics and data management initiatives empower scientists at our Research and Early Development (R&ED) Thematic Research Centers. This hands-on role will partner closely with our computational researchers across discovery and translational sciences where processing and interpreting multi-platform and multi-dimensional ‘omic’ data in pre-clinical and clinical settings are being employed to identify molecular drug targets, characterize MOA, prioritize clinical indications and generate patient selection hypotheses. We are seeking a highly collaborative individual with experience processing, integrating and mining a wide range of research data types.
RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO, THE FOLLOWING:
- Working interactively research scientists, computational biologists, bioinformaticians, and engineers to identify and deliver on prioritized data needs for Research objectives and program decisions.
- Ensure our data workflows drive value for scientists, collaborators and patients.
- Ensuring the accurate, complete and timely collection, delivery and tracking of data from external or internal partners for analysis, reporting and presentation
- Collaborate on development of R&ED data plans that outline data capture, data flow, data queries, manual checks, and data listings needed to ensure data integrity
- Work with computational biologists, computational scientists, biostatisticians and study scientists to resolve any data issues found during analysis
- Make data, including interim data, available to R&ED department personnel as required; participate in comprehensive data review activities in coordination with project and study teams.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s and 10 years or Master’s degree and 7 years with significant proven experience or PhD with at least 6 years experience (e.g. Data Science, Computer Science, Cheminformatics, Epidemiology, Biology, Chemistry, Genomics)
- 1+ years experience in Industry preferred
- Strong understanding of molecular biology concepts, multi-dimensional ‘omics’ data and modern approaches to data integration and data processing workflows
- Excellent programming skills, such as R, Python, Perl, PHP, S-PLUS, Java, or C/C++, used to integrate, verify and report data according to specifications.
- Experience with cloud computing, Rest APIs and container strategies.
- Along with programming proficiency, you must show a strong capacity for independent thinking and care about the underlying scientific questions
We are Knowledge Science Research, part of the Informatics and Predictive Sciences Organization in R&ED. Join us and make a difference for patients! We hire the best people and provide them with a fun work environment that places a premium on diversity, integrity, collaboration and personal development. Through a culture of inclusion, we create a better, more productive work environment. We believe that the diverse experiences and perspectives of all our employees are critical to driving innovation and science. We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
Around the world, we are passionate about making an impact on the lives of patients with serious diseases. Empowered to apply our individual talents and diverse perspectives in an inclusive culture, our shared values of passion, innovation, urgency, accountability, inclusion and integrity bring out the highest potential of each of our colleagues.
Bristol Myers Squibb recognizes the importance of balance and flexibility in our work environment. We offer a wide variety of competitive benefits, services and programs that provide our employees with the resources to pursue their goals, both at work and in their personal lives.
Apply to this position