Bug for new windows

1. Open your R sudio

2. Create two R script file. [file]>[new file] > [R script]

3. Open the one R script file by the new window (in the following picture's button).

4. Write any code in two R script files, i.e., one is opened by new window and the other is not opened by new window.

5. Please push [Control]+[shift]+[;] when the cursor is in the new window.

6. Then we will see that the new opened R script file's code is vanish, however, on the other hand, the code of R script file which is not opened by new windows remained or saved.

The above short cut [Control]+[shift]+[;] is very near for the short cut [Control]+[shift]+[L] for devtools::load_all(".") which are used when we develop package.

To avoid the code vanishing by such miss type, I hope R studio development team fix this issue.

My R studio version is 1.1.442
Win 7;

R version 3.5.1

I know someone cannot replicate this.

Do you have a custom shortcut bound to Ctrl + Shift + ;? RStudio itself does not bind any command to that key combination.

I do not have a custom shortcut.
I did not know that the R studio has not short cut [Control] + [Shift] +[;].
Since [;] =[+], this short cut is same as [Control] + [Shift] +[+].
And by execute this short cut, the font size in the R console becomes bigger.

I am not sure, but my key Keyboard layout is JIS, so not US, and this cause this odd behavior?

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.