Can I control the outline pane font without an hack that modifies the corresponding element in the .GD15MCFCMDC class?

Hello,

I wondered whether there is any way to control the font size of the text under the "outline" pane; as far as I can, it is not part of the option that are configurable in the "theme" file, which seems to only control the appearance of code in the source pane (but I could have definitely missed this option, in which case it would be an easy solution and would not require the kind of hacking I describe below).
So I dug in a bit by using the nice "inspect element", and it wasn't too long when I found that I can change the font very easily by changing a member of the .GD15MCFCMDC class:

.GD15MCFCMDC {
white-space: nowrap;
font-family: sans-serif;
font-size: 0.9em; :point_left:
text-overflow: ellipsis;
overflow: hidden;
}

basically by changing font-size to something like 10pt the outline becomes visible for me (I'm working at a very high resolution and my code font size is 14, so anything below 10 is hard to read).
I wouldn't mind doing it once, but the problem is that I need to do it every time that I quit and re-open RStudio, and I usually have multiple of those open. Plus, I have a feeling that what I'm doing is indeed a hack, and not the way this feature, if exists, is supposed to be used.
So it all boils down to:

• Is there a simple way to control the font from within the editor?
  • If not, can I control it in the theme file?
  • If not, can I change the class element permanently so I will have a persisted font definition for the outline pane?

Thanks much

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.

Would you mind filing this as a feature request at https://github.com/rstudio/rstudio/issues? We've been exported a subset of these classes (with non-obfuscated names) so exposing this might be worthwhile as well.