Can I publish or host my flexdashboard on my own website?

Background: I'm volunteering for a collegiate sports team, and one thing I would like to do is create player dashboards with each player's statistics for the week on them. The coach would like the dashboards to be available on a previously created team website.

I've researched R Connect and this blog: https://pbatey.wordpress.com/2017/03/31/how-to-host-flexdashboard-on-github-pages/

I know website generation is possible through RMarkdown.

However, I'm not sure how to use flexdashboard and rmarkdown to publish to my own website.

Goal: I'd like to know if it's possible and how to publish a flexdashboard on a previously created website.

1 Like

You can publish the dashboard as a html document, so yes it can uploaded to a website.

Or if you are using a set layout (nav bar and footer in place) for the website, you can embed the document using an iframe tag in the body.

Once you have your Rmd report ready, you can simply knit it to html and copy the file to the web server using FTP with something like this

library(rmarkdown)
library(RCurl)

render("path/to/your/rmd/file",
       output_format = "html_document",
       output_options = c("self_contained = TRUE"),
       quiet = TRUE)

ftpUpload("path/to/the/rendered/html/file",
          "ftp://user:password@server.ip//var/www/html/file_name.html")

This topic was automatically closed 7 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.