Can I use "popharvest" package for mammals too?

Hi,

I am trying to find a way to develop an index for harvest of mammals and I came across a paper which talks about 'popharvest' package but it is specifically mentioned for birds. https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC8668730/ . Is there a possibility of using this package for mammals too? Any suggestion is appreciated.

regards,
Zaara

The only constraint on the use of the methodology that I could see was at Eq. (4) where a default value of 1 for S_j for the average annual survival for birds aged 1 year to α is provided, subject to an optional (fixed) argument surv.j. Whether data or the literature provides a suitable basis for the selection of that value is something I can't comment on.

Is there anything similar used for mammals as a Sustainable harvest index? or a method to evaluate it? Thank you so much for your help.

fishmethods::catchmsy} might be adaptable with suitable catch and resilience data.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.