Can no longer paste formatted text from RStudio to Word

Hello,

I'm no longer able to paste formatted console text from RStudio into Word (which I've done for years). I can only past unformatted text. The "Keep Source Formatting" paste option is available, but simply doesn't produce anything in Word. It seems to have occurred after upgrading to RStudio 1.3, but that could be coincidence.

Has anyone else here had that issue? If so, were you able to resolve the problem?

Yes, had the issue but pasting to Outlook. I assume it is the same thing. I don't know how to resolve it, but would be good to know.

@montana_man and @williaml—what operating systems and versions are you using? I'm seeing a difference between Windows and MacOS, and I want to make sure I'm at least in the same environment when trying to replicate your findings. Thanks!

Hello @rblum,

I'm running Windows 10.

I'm running RStudio Version 1.3.1093 with R 4.0.3.

Initial session details below:

R session details:

sessionInfo()
R version 4.0.3 (2020-10-10)
Platform: x86_64-w64-mingw32/x64 (64-bit)
Running under: Windows 10 x64 (build 18362)

Matrix products: default

locale:
[1] LC_COLLATE=English_United States.1252 LC_CTYPE=English_United States.1252
[3] LC_MONETARY=English_United States.1252 LC_NUMERIC=C
[5] LC_TIME=English_United States.1252

For me it was happening on a computer that I no longer have access to.

However, it was on Windows 10 and I was probably using the same versions as @montana_man.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.