I follower the below steps to set up shiny server in Ubuntu 18.04.
- installed R, and shiny R
- installed R package like rmarkdown
- installed firewall: sudo apt-get install firewalld
- starte firewall: sudo systemctl start firewalld
sudo systemctl enable firewalld
sudo systemctl status firewalld
- Modify the firewall rules: sudo firewall-cmd --permanent --zone=public --add-port=3838/tcp
sudo firewall-cmd --reload
- When I input my localhost:3838 in the browser, there shows the error like "The site can not be reached". But I checked the server, there already exists the hello app under the folder /srv/shiny-server/sample-apps/.
Is there anyone can help with this?