cannot install Red Hat / CentOS 7

Hi, I tried to install Red Hat / CentOS 7 just it was instructed.
I typed in the following code on my window terminal

wget https://download2.rstudio.org/server/centos7/x86_64/rstudio-server-rhel-2022.07.1-554-x86_64.rpm

--> it works fine, and I downloaded successfully.

sudo yum install rstudio-server-rhel-2022.07.1-554-x86_64.rpm

--> I get error message as

sudo : The term 'sudo' is not recognized as the name of a cmdlet, function, script file, or operable program. Check
the spelling of the name, or if a path was included, verify that the path is correct and try again.
At line:1 char:1

• sudo yum install rstudio-server-rhel-2022.07.1-554-x86_64.rpm
  •   + CategoryInfo          : ObjectNotFound: (sudo:String) [], CommandNotFoundException
      + FullyQualifiedErrorId : CommandNotFoundException

I used R studio desktop only but it seems because of RAM issue I am trying to use server version. but, I have no idea what the error means and why not working.
Can anyone help?

Thank you.

best,

Can you give more details about this? How exactly are you connecting to the server?

(post deleted by author)

Hi, my screenshot is as follows,

You are typing in a PowerShell terminal on Windows, you are not connected to any CentOS server. You can connect to a server from PowerShell using SSH but that is not what you are doing.

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.