Cannot install 'tseries' package mac

Hello! I was trying to install the 'forecast' package but I cannot do it because the co-required 'tseries' package cannot be installed. Could you please help me figure out why that is? This is the error message, I am using mac:

** libs
clang -mmacosx-version-min=10.13 -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c arma.c -o arma.o
clang -mmacosx-version-min=10.13 -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c bdstest.c -o bdstest.o
clang -mmacosx-version-min=10.13 -I"/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Resources/include" -DNDEBUG -I/usr/local/include -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c boot.c -o boot.o
gfortran -mmacosx-version-min=10.13 -fno-optimize-sibling-calls -fPIC -Wall -g -O2 -c cfuncs.f90 -o cfuncs.o
make: gfortran: No such file or directory
make: *** [cfuncs.o] Error 1
ERROR: compilation failed for package ‘tseries’

• removing ‘/Library/Frameworks/R.framework/Versions/4.1/Resources/library/tseries’
    Warning in install.packages :
    installation of package ‘tseries’ had non-zero exit status

The downloaded source packages are in
‘/private/var/folders/y8/rmtb7myn24v1hlyfnp9l43l40000gn/T/Rtmp3Xdrqg/downloaded_packages’

You are missing the fortran compiler required for compiling packages from source. You need to install Xcode in your system (not in R) and the recommended development tools for macOS systems.
https://cran.r-project.org/bin/macosx/tools/

1 Like

thank you very much for the help! I will do that!

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

If you have a query related to it or one of the replies, start a new topic and refer back with a link.