Cannot login via newly created users: Unable to connect to service

Hello! I cannot use my newly created users to login rstudio server. After login, it initializes a while and shows a dialog writing Unable to connect to service. And the journalctl shows

ERROR system error 13 (Permission denied) [group-value=admins]; OCCURRED AT: rstudio::core::Error rstudio::core::system::group::{anonymous}::groupFrom(const rstudio_boost::function<int(T, group*, char*, long unsigned int, group**)>&, T, rstudio::core::system::group::Group*) [with T = const char*] /home/ubuntu/rstudio/src/cpp/core/system/PosixGroup.cpp:73; LOGGED FROM: bool rstudio::server::auth::validateUser(const string&, const string&, unsigned int, bool) /home/ubuntu/rstudio/src/cpp/server/auth/ServerValidateUser.cpp:91

As some solution suggests, I've set all permission of /tmp to all users, and ran cp /etc/pam.d/login /etc/pam.d/rstudio, and added the user group in rstudio server config file. The user also have passed the pamtester. I've also reinstalled the rstudio server but doesn't help.

I'm running on Ubuntu 18.04 LTS. Thanks for any advice!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 21 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.